Thursday, October 30, 2014

Smothered Pork Chops



So this is definitely not the healthiest dinner I have made but it sure was yummy! I started off cooking the pork chops in a regular glass pan, but then decided half way through cooking that they would be better in the cast iron skillet! I love that I can cook with the skillet on the stove top and then put it right into the oven to finish off the cooking. Here is the recipe and my pictures of the process :) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
- 4 Medium Pork Chops
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 2 Eggs
- Italian Bread Crumbs (I made my own with the food chopper, bread and italian seasoning)
- 1 Cup of Flour

Gravy:
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Worcestershire Sauce (I used about 1 tbsp.)
- Ground Black Pepper

Directions:

Use food processor to make bread crumbs. I used about 2 slice of cracked wheat bread and 1 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning.

Coat your pork chops in beaten egg mixture (mix with a bit of milk), then your flour, then your bread crumbs.


This is where I originally just baked mine at 350, however I would recommend going straight to the cast iron skillet and browning each side of the pork chop. Brown each side for about 5 minutes. Then put your chops in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Until cooked through.


Once your pork is cooked bring it back out of the oven and pour your gravy over your pork.

You can heat it on the stove or put it back in the oven for 5 minutes. It heats up fast.

Add a touch of parsley over top before serving and Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment