Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had fun with my cookie recipe and cut shapes with cookie cutters after the cookie dough was baked. I followed the same cookie recipe that I always use for regular cookies. But instead of balling the dough, I flatted it into 2 rectangle 1 inch think sections on a cookie tray. I then baked it for about 20-25 minutes (until golden brown) and then cut out the shapes after it was baked.

Here is the cookie recipe I use. I LOVE it! I got it from a friend from church and will always use this one from here on out. The cookies stay a nice shape and do not flatten as they bake.

Ingredients:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 package of chocolate chips (for this recipe I used the spring time variety from Toll House)

Directions
- Soften butter and mix with sugar, until smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
- Combine dry ingredients together and mix into wet sugar mixture
- Fold in chocolate chips into the dough
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes (for regular cookies)
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes cookie sheets to make shapes

Once mostly cooled, use a cookie cutter and cut out your desired shapes.

No comments :

Post a Comment